This improv game is in the following improv game categories:
Classic warm-up. Everyone in a circle. One player starts by throwing a hand
clap to her right neighbor, and the neighbor passes the clap to his right
Play this till the clap really flows nicely around the circle. Then tell the
group that players may decide to pass the clap back to the neighbor they got
it from. Try it and notice how disruptive this can be.
Try these for variation:
- when receiving a clap, first clap back to the sender, then turn to your neighbor to pass it on;
- pass claps either high (bending down) or high (above your head)
- combine both of the above.
- Try clapping twice, three times or 4 times when you pass the clap. Make
movement doing that (like clap 4 times, low to high as you pass the clap)
- Try clapping (simultaneously) in pairs, 3 or even 4 players at a time.
See also Synchro Clap
. See also Pass Yes